[hipl-users] Re: RVS fails when using DNS

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:22:06 +0200

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

I haven't tested RVS with HI records, I'll check it out as soon as I have time.

Btw, the HIT is optional for the rendezvous, but IP address is mandatory. I haven't tried it with hostnames.

I did not test with hosts files, but....

I am running RVS on my 'server' system.

The responder was able to register with the RVS. I do not like that I have to include the RVS HIT. It should be able to get that from /etc/hip/hosts or from DNS.

In my DNS I created a new host name for the responder that had the RVS's AAAA record and the responder's HI.

I started conntest-server on the responder and started conntest-client-hip to the FQDN that I created above. Then entered a line and did the control-d thing.

The response was that there was no conntest-server running. It seems like it only tried to connect to the RVS, as that was the IPv6 address it got and did not go through with the RVS functions.

Well that completes things for today.

I will be checking in tomorrow and friday.