[hipl-users] Re: RVS

  • From: Fernando Moreira <fmoreira@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:16:55 +0100

Thank you for your effort.
I'll prompt you at the end of the week for news on further developments.

BR,

Fernando

Miika Komu wrote:

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Miika Komu wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Fernando Moreira wrote:
Hello,
unfortunately i'm in a bit of a hurry.
I'm trying to have a HIP testbed (including RVS and DNS support) running. I'm doing this as my undergraduation final project and, because this project involves some other work,
ideally, the testbed should be ready by the end of May. I've tried some other implementations (OpenHIP and HIP4BSD) but they too don't support everything i needed.
Do you think i could use the previous HIPL version?
No, the base exchange versions are incompatible. Let's do the following: poll me on Thursday about the rendezvous stuff, I'll debug the rendezvous code tomorrow and see if the rendezvous problems are easily solvable.
It does not seem quite that bad. The rvs code is actually in quite good shape. However, I still need some time to set up a third virtual machine and test it properly. I'll get back to you on this later this week.