[hipl-users] OQO mod2 arrival

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:09:48 -0400

My OQO mod2s just arrived!  All 4 of them; portable testbed here it
comes!!!  I hope....

The units weigh in at ~.75lbs, and measure aprox. 5 5/8 x 3 3/8 x 1 1/8"

A little larger when you push up the 5" screen to reveal the keyboard.

WiFi, Bluetooth, HDMI, and a single USB built in; an adapter for VGA and
Ethernet.  (WiMax extra, I think the touch screen is also optional and I
did not get that).

The processor is a VIA C7-M 1.5Ghz processor, with 1Gb memory, and a
60Gb harddrive.  XP pro installed.

From XP tools, I have learned that:

WiFi is - Atheros AR5006X5
Ethernet is - Realtek RTL8139
Video is - VIA/S3G UniChrome ProII IGP
Audio is - SigmaTel

Default screen res is 800x640 (can increase then use capacitor scroll bars).

I have not looked to see if I can get into the BIOS, I expect to be able
to boot from a USB CDdrive (it comes with a recovery CD).

There are old instructions on the net for installing UBUNTU
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OQO), but of course I want Centos on it...