[hipl-users] New systems, no TCPDUMP

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 11:10:06 -0500

I am now testing with HIs in my DNS starting with conntest.

Tests work fine, I might point out that I discovered I had seriour problems with my homegrown IPv6 router/firewall, and by turning off ip6tables, I may be running exposed, but data is flowing!

But I have a problem with tcpdump. Absoluting nothing in the dump. My command is:

tcpdump -n -i eth0 esp or proto 139 or port 50500

I do get a warning that there are no IPv4 addresses on eth0. Also verbose suppressed, and eth0 is type EN10MB (supprises me, I would have thought the unit would be doing 100Mb, will have to look into that).

Any idea why tcpdump is not capturing anything or what to add?