[hipl-users] Re: New HIPL-2.6.13.1

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:35:28 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, zhi chen wrote:

> I am puzzled with the newly version of HIPL-2.6.13.1.I used to install
> the release version 2.6.10 succesfully. but now when i try to update to
> the nightly built 2.6.13.1, i fiin it hard to find the right kernel
> patch.
>
> There seems to be mang patchs in the hipl/patch i want to know:
>
> 1 which patch under hipl/patch/krenel do i need to re-compile to support
> hipl ,and what does the name convension of "sleep" mean?

//www.freelists.org/archives/hipl-users/03-2006/msg00017.html

"Sleep" means that the application making the first connection to a HIT
will be put to sleep. Otherwise the first connect() fails.

> 2 do i need beep patch ?  it's a new feature compared with release0.12

Yes. Now the hip daemon is in userspace but the BEET IPsec mode is still
in the kernel. The BEET IPsec mode is now a lot cleaner than before and
supports all IPv4 and IPv6 inner/outer address combinations, and it
provides also other features.

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/