[hipl-users] More hipdnsproxy grief

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 12:06:15 -0500

This is on the system where I do the builds, so no rpm installs, just make install.

When I am running with IPv4 and IPv6, /etc/resolv.conf's content is what is set by dhcp.

When I run without dhcp, thus only have IPv6, and I have set my /etc/resolv.conf to have only an IPv6 nameserver, /etc/resolv.conf is overwritten by hipdnsproxy with 127.0.0.1 as the nameserver. And no amount of recopying of a saved resolv.conf to /etc could get it to change.

I tried to find hipdnsproxy so I could kill it. I tried 'pidof hipdnsproxy' and got a blank reply.

I rebooted, and now everything is ok. /etc/resolv.conf is staying with my IPv6 nameserver.

I will point out that all I did this morning since I turned this system on, was to run tla replay and have it end with the previously mentioned error.