[hipl-users] Re: Miredo for F10

  • From: Thomas Jansen <mithi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:23:23 +0100

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:43:47 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But without Judy, I still cannot make an rpm. I don't see a spec
> file, and the install instructions are only for a 'make install'. So
> if anyone can give me some guidance, I can build an rpm for this for
> Centos and F10.

Apparently you have found the dag repo packages for miredo on
rpmfind. If you go to his own site for the repo [1] you will find his
miredo.spec and try to adapt and rpmbuild it.

> Well I have done some digging. Turns out that source for Miredo 1.1.5
> is available, and all I have for Centos and F9 is 1.0.6. So I grabbed
> the source and set about building this for both Centos and F10....

Please do not confuse F9 with RH9. RH9 was the predecessor to the
Fedora releases, so the latest version for Fedora in the dag repo is the
fc3 version.

[1] http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/miredo/

--
Thomas Jansen, "Mithi" --- mithi@xxxxxxxxx
GPG 9D5C682B, feel free to sign or encrypt your mail