[hipl-users] Re: Instructions on using TLA

  • From: Andrey Khurri <andrey.khurri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:44:56 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Andrey Khurri wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
TLA was set up for me on two of my systems. I need to be able to do this myself...

After installing TLA (via an rpm for Centos), what are the steps for setting it up. For both the userspace and the kernel code?

Hi Robert,

Here is a snapshot from http://infrahip.hiit.fi/index.php?index=download

Getting the Sources via Arch for the First Time:
The first time you download the sources, you need to type in the following command on your favourite shell:

tla my-id "MyFirstName MyLastName <my@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
tla register-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/archive/
tla my-default-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tla get hipl--main--2.6 hipl--main--2.6

Now will this work over IPv6? Or rather can it be setup to work over IPv6. It does not appear that there is a AAAA record for hipl.hiit.fi

I tried it as follows:

- first create a mapping in your /etc/hosts between a 'hostname' and the IPv6 address of hipl.hiit.fi (2001:708:140:220::2)

- then replace the second command in the above list with
tla register-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://hostname/hipl/archive

This should do the job if you meant that. If it complains that the archive is already registered do use '--force' option with 'tla register-archive'

--
Andrey Khurri
Researcher