[hipl-users] Re: Instructions on using TLA

  • From: Andrey Khurri <andrey.khurri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 07:25:30 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
TLA was set up for me on two of my systems. I need to be able to do this myself...

After installing TLA (via an rpm for Centos), what are the steps for setting it up. For both the userspace and the kernel code?

Hi Robert,

Here is a snapshot from http://infrahip.hiit.fi/index.php?index=download

Getting the Sources via Arch for the First Time:
The first time you download the sources, you need to type in the following command on your favourite shell:

tla my-id "MyFirstName MyLastName <my@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
tla register-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/archive/
tla my-default-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tla get hipl--main--2.6 hipl--main--2.6

This will download the hipl--main--2.6 tree to your directory. Inside in patches/kernel/ subdirectory you will find the kernel patches. You might also change 'main' branch to any other like 'userspace' etc.

If you want to commit the code back to the repository you have to have an account on our server because then it uses sftp instead of http in the second command.

Also I need the IPsec BEET kernel patch for Centos (RHEL 5).

Not sure about that

thanks.

BR,

--