[hipl-users] Re: Image on Andorid platform

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 08:28:42 +0300

On 01/04/10 06:39, Frances Gao wrote:

Hi,

2010/4/1 Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>>

    On 03/31/2010 08:57 AM, Frances Gao wrote:

    Hi,

        Hi,
        I am a fresh user of hip.I try to test hip connection with Android
        emulator,and ask for your help.
        I downloaded the Android image from
        here:http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/contrib/android/
        My host OS is Unbuntu 9.10. I tried to run the Android emulator
        . Follow
        the steps of the Manual "HIPL on Android",seems the emulator
        runs ok.
        Then test HIP connection ,connect to test server failed.
        Here is my steps:
        1. $ cd android-sdk
             $ tools/emulator -data
        platforms/android-1.5/images/userdata.img &
        2. $ tools/adb shell # Log into emulator shell
             # hipd -k 2>/dev/null &
             # hipfw -klpF 2>/dev/null &
             # hipconf add map 2001:1b:a9be:c6a6:34e5:8361:c07f:a990
        193.167.187.134
        3.  # wget http://[2001:001b:a9be:c6a6:34e5:8361:c07f:a990] -O-
        Result:
        The hip daemon runs,but can not connect to the test server with HIP.

    what does "hipconf get ha all" say? There's also some more bug
    reporting instructions here:

    http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch03.html#quick

    I should warning you that the Android code has been removed from the
    trunk until I (or someone else) has time to write it properly.

Here is the report of "hipconf get ha all":
# hipconf get ha all
  Action = 9Number of arguments : 2  Supplied 4 TYPE ARG =  2 Sending
user message 22 to HIPD on socket 3
Sent 40 bytes
Waiting to receive daemon info.
232 bytes received from HIP daemon
HA is UNASSOCIATED
  Local HIT: 2001:0010:689d:35c3:e02e:acfa:4904:ce07
  Peer  HIT: 2001:001b:a9be:c6a6:34e5:8361:c07f:a990
  Local LSI: 1.0.0.1
  Peer  LSI: 1.0.0.2
  Local IP: 10.0.2.15
  Local NAT traversal UDP port: 50500
  Peer  IP: 193.167.187.134
  Peer  NAT traversal UDP port: 50500
  Peer  hostname:
Seems HA is unassociated,but not established.Is there any way to fix it
or how to find the reason? Thanks for your help.
Frances

can you try to ping6 or ssh -6 the HIT? It appears that hipd didn't even trigger base exchange. You can also try registering to the HIT:

hipconf add server rvs [HIT] <IP|hostname> <lifetime in seconds>

Then check the hipconf get ha all result again.

(the HIT is optional, you can just define IP address)

P.S. You can define the HIT and IP address mapping in /etc/hosts and use a hostname. Make sure that the HIT is before the IP address.