[hipl-users] Re: How is default HIT selected and where info stored

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 00:54:04 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi Robert,

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi Robert,

I have install HIPL on two laptops.

One has the public DSA as the default HIP, the other the anon RSA.

I cannot find any file in /etc/hip that has information on which HIT is default (unless it is somehow in one of the key files there, I did not check each one that carefully.

So how is the default selected?

hipconf get hi default

That I know. That is how I know what it is using as default, but where does this command get its information? Is it stored in some configuration file?

hipconf asks it from hipd which basically does "ip route get 2001:0010::" which tells the default route for orchids.

Currently, it selects the same hit as default routing (ip route get 2001:0010::) would select.

And how is this decision made? Is there some ordering of the HITs? It is not by numeric value...

No, there is just one default HIT and the others have no priority.