[hipl-users] HIPL policy for re-keying in response to address change on interface

  • From: <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 16:52:49 +1000

Hi,

I have an established HIP connection between 'oops' and 'crash'. I have been
playing around with changing the IPv6 address of eth0 on oops while the session
is ongoing. After some tests I deduced that in HIPL, oops will initiate a
re-key (defined in section 3.2.1.1 of ietf-draft-hip-mm-03.txt) when the prefix
of its new IPv6 address is different to the prefix of its old IPv6 address. If
the prefix is the same, then it will send an UPDATE without a re-key (as
defined in section 3.2.1 of ietf-draft-hip-mm-03.txt). I was wondering if
anyone can tell me where in the HIPL code this policy is set?

thanks,
\steve

NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net