[hipl-users] Re: HIP mobility testings

  • From: Miika Komu <miika@xxxxxx>
  • To: HIPL Users <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 21:19:47 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Simon Schuetz wrote:

> Hi,
> has anybody tested HIP Mobility in a different way than proposed in the
> HOWTO?

Yes, we have tried a multihomish like scenario in our demos:

laptop oops:
- interface eth0: initially up and connected to crash:eth0
- interface eth1: initially down

laptop crash:
- interface eth0: initially up, connected to oops:eth0

- base exchange is established between eth0-eth0 (public 3ffe::xx
  addresses)
- a data flow is (nc or whatever app) established between the hosts
- there is only one ethernet cable between the laptops.
- the ethernet cable is between oops:eth0 and crash:eth0
- oops:eth0 is configured down and the cable is moved to eth1
- eth1 is then configured up and data flows again

Have you tried a DHCP scenario? That would be kind of nice.

Mika will probably provide you some more detail...?

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/