[hipl-users] Re: HIP mobility testings

  • From: Simon Schuetz <simon.schuetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: HIPL Users <hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 08 Mar 2004 19:57:45 +0100

Got a workaround for the problem:
The intention was to prevent any possible data delivery using the link
local addresses, that's why I shut down the interfaces instead of just
removing the IPs.
What I now did is the following:
- delete all routes using 2nd interface
- delete the IP on 2nd interface
- do a hipsetup and send data
- then I deleted all routing table entries that use the first interface
- then I delete the IP on first interface
- then I setup the routes, that will be used if 2nd interface becomes
available (this was not possible in the previous scenario, cause you
can't setup routing table entries for an interface which down)
- afterwards I added the new IP to the 2nd interface
- HIP REA packets were transmitted immediately
- data can flow

It's a workaround. But I don't think that - in reality - the routes are
setup before the IP is available.

-----
Simon