[hipl-users] Re: HIP communication

  • From: Varjonen Samu <samu.varjonen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:41:36 +0300

Jack Alphonse wrote:
Hi all,

I already installed the hipl soft on my machine, connected two hosts .
Only the initiator can send to the responder, I mean by typing conntest-client then the text, I wanna have a hip communication.

conntest-clients and conntest-servers main purpose is to send a line of text from client to server and servers to echo it back to the client. From the text above it was not clear was the server, on the responder, able to send the message back.

Once the base exchange finished, I wanna let the two HIP hosts communicate, how can I do this? How can I let the responder sends data to initiator(with IPSec using the SAs established)

You can use HIP with applications that actually do some real "work". Check out the manual section 12 at the infrahip site
(http://www.infrahip.net/hipl/manual/ch12.html).

How can I show all the SAs established between two hosts?(a command)

'shell$ sudo ip xfrm show policy'
for showing the policies and
'shell$ sudo ip xfrm show state'
for the states

And I wanna ask about the RDV server.
Rendezvous is not my specialty but, I do not see a question about it so... :)

I read in the documentation that I
should have after running HIPD a default configuration file, But after installing and testing HIPL release 1.0.3, I don't have this file generated. what can I do?

Using the latest code should fix this, missing configuration file.
You can also write it by hand like...

'sudo touch /etc/hip/hipd_config' and then add commands to it, the file supports commands that are exactly the same as for hipconf but the hipconf stripped away, like 'debug all' or 'nat on'. One command per line. See 'shell$ hipconf' for more info.

But I would suggest to use the latest code from our repository, here is a link to a howto http://www.infrahip.net/index.php?index=download

Regards and Thanks in advance
Jack

Envoyé avec Yahoo! Mail <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mailuk/taglines/isp/control/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=52423/*http://fr.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html>.