[hipl-users] Re: HIP Firefox Extension

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:20:24 -0400

Is the code still available? I MAY be able to get someone to compile it. Don't know yet.

On 05/18/2010 06:01 AM, Miika Komu wrote:
On 18/05/10 12:39, Jani Pellikka wrote:

Hi,

Hi!

A few weeks back I was able to download the Firefox HIP extension from
the Mozilla site, but now for some reason I am no longer able to do so.
All I receive is "Add-on not found" error message. I also took a look
inside your source package and could not find the extension file (xpi)
file there.

Is this plug-in supported by your community anymore? I would appreciate
if someone of you gurus could provide me a working extension file as I
need it for demonstration purposes, preferably an extension file that
works with Firefox versions 3.1.x or later. The extension that was
available on the Mozilla site supported only versions up to 3.0.x.

The Firefox extension I am talking about is:
* https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10551/

I am not sure why it was removed from mozilla add-ons, but it was removed from the source code in trunk 4297 because it was getting quite old. You can obtain the version with the firefox add-on as follows:

bzr checkout -r 4296 http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/hipl-bzr/trunk

and try to compile it by yourself in the hipext directory. At the moment, supporting the firefox extension is not in the main interest of the developer community nor do we have enough resources to maintain it.

It would be nice though if someone would update the add-on to work on the latest firefox versions. Feel free to contribute?