[hipl-users] Fwd: Re: ESP BEET mode vs ESP

  • From: "VÃisÃnen Teemu" <teemuuolevivaisanen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:46:13 +0300

Hi.

I use different machines in HIP ESP BEET mode and IPsec ESP transport
mode cases.

Actual data without any protection are same in both cases (UDP packets
with same, known sizes).

IPsec ESP transport mode SAs are set up with setkey.

I'm using HITs / IPv6 addresses.

Thank you for help.

-Teemu VÃisÃnen

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Diego Beltrami <Diego.Beltrami@xxxxxxx> Date: 23.5.2006 15:04 Subject: [hipl-users] Re: ESP BEET mode vs ESP To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Cc: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is something to be analyzed in more details. As Miika mentioned, could you please elaborate more?

Basically the inner addresses shouldn't give this difference as I suppose you
are using IPv6 addresses in both cases.

Thank you,

--
Diego

Are you sending the same kind of data in both cases in exactly the same way?

--
Miika Komu              miika@xxxxxx          http://www.iki.fi/miika/