[hipl-users] Re: Fighting with SIP Communicator

  • From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:49:08 -0500

Miika Komu wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Hi,

Well, I guess I should have read the 'manual' first.....

I have spent the last week trying to get SIP communicator working over HIP. It works over IPv6 direct client-to-client now.

I had been running the lastest nightly rpm on my Centos systems and just could not get it working through HIP. Always went directly to IPv6 connectivity without HIP.

Then I remembered something about JAVA and HIP..... : http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch11.html

that is the native API for java.

So now I get to work on this. But the docs about JAVA reference the HIP sockets handler, is that http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch22.html and so the only way to run JAVA apps over HIP is to have a patched kernel?

Currently the native API for java is based on native API for C, which requires a patch in the kernel.

You should be able to use java with "legacy" APIs.

Also I ASSuME that I will have to compile the JAVA SIP Communicator myself with the HIP enabled modules?

No, if you use the legacy API. I think the dnsproxy should do the trick to get HITs to your java apps.

But SIP Communicator is ignoring it. I wonder if it stores the IPv6 address? Seems broken if it does. I will have to wireshark all traffic to see what it is doing.