[hipl-users] Re: Doubts: Detecting HITs & How not to use HIP

  • From: Tomi Hautakoski <thauta@xxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:19:38 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2007, Jesús Rojo Martínez wrote:

- First, from a program in user space, is there any way (maybe some already
made function in some library) to detect if an IP address is a real IPv6
address or a HIT?
(I guess it should be difficult since the HITs are under some certain
space, right?)

As I asked this same question a few months ago myself, I could now answer this one. Yes, HITs are at least ATM prefixed with 2001:007. See:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-laganier-ipv6-khi-07.txt

Don't know if there are any ready stuff available but that should be easy to implement.

Tomi Hautakoski
thauta@xxxxxx