[hipl-users] Doubts: Detecting HITs & How not to use HIP

  • From: "Jesús Rojo Martínez" <jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 15:50:35 +0100

Hi again!

 Some more questions. This time regarding other issues.
 I'm using HIP in my thesis, and I need to do some things.

- First, from a program in user space, is there any way (maybe some already
made function in some library) to detect if an IP address is a real IPv6
address or a HIT?
 (I guess it should be difficult since the HITs are under some certain
space, right?)

- Second, is there any way to... mmm, specify not use HIP at all? (Like the
opposite of the AI_HIP flag).

- Mmm, not sure if it will me useful for me, but how do you communicate 2
HIP daemons for the base exchange? I think throught IF_HIP sockets, or
something like that, right? What are exactly this sockets? Could I use this
sockets to communicate 2 normal daemons for Access Control (decision and
enforcement) before the establishment of the HIP connection?
 (Mmm, thinking again... I could use even HIP to communicate between this 2
daemons, but what I need is *not* to "intercept" this communication for AC,
since it is the AC itself...).

 Thanks a lot again!

P.D.: Should this kind of mails go to this list or to hipl-developers?

--
Jesús Rojo Martínez.
Human Resources responsible BEST Stockholm - Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan

e-mail: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxxxx
phone: +46704369273
MSN: jrojomartinez@xxxxxxx