[hipl-users] Re: BASIC PROBLEM

  • From: Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 18:45:19 +0200

shashank m wrote:

Hi,

your Fedora version is really old. It doesn't have the kernel support for HIP, so you either have to upgrade or to use userspace ipsec. Latest Ubuntu works too.

Crossroads wasn't running hipd, but now it is.

I have found the daemon running but when i type the url(crossroads.infrahip.net <http://crossroads.infrahip.net>) to check the connection after a long time the network time out happens no connection is getting established please sort my problem

I am using fedora core 6 for your information

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Miika Komu <miika.komu@xxxxxxx <mailto:miika.komu@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    shashank m wrote:

    Hi,

    rpm -ql hipl-daemon
    ps axu|grep hip

    Please download the sources from the website. You'll find the
    wireshark patches from the patches directory.

    Some prebuilt wireshark binaries can be found from here:

    http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/contrib/wireshark/

    You didn't mention your Fedora release version, but seems like your
    kernel is antique. Please upgrade to Fedora 10 to make your HIPL
    experience smoother.

        Hi every one ,

                     I have installed HIP binaries and wanted  to test
        it ..I coludnot find the demon...please help me in locating it
        and is there any special plugin needed to capture packets in
        wire shark.

        platform fedora kernel version 2.6.12

        Regards,
        Shashank M