[hipl-users] Re: Accessing TLA via IPv6 - was Re: Instructions on using TLA

  • From: Andrey Khurri <andrey.khurri@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:21:33 +0300

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Andrey Khurri wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:
Now will this work over IPv6? Or rather can it be setup to work over IPv6. It does not appear that there is a AAAA record for hipl.hiit.fi

I tried it as follows:

- first create a mapping in your /etc/hosts between a 'hostname' and the IPv6 address of hipl.hiit.fi (2001:708:140:220::2)

- then replace the second command in the above list with
tla register-archive hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://hostname/hipl/archive

This should do the job if you meant that. If it complains that the archive is already registered do use '--force' option with 'tla register-archive'
I just added an entry to my /etc/hosts for hipl.hiit.fi with the above IPv6 address, then issued the 'tla replay' and got:

unable to access URL: /hipl/archive/.listing
webdav error: Could not connect to server: Permission denied

Wrong IPv6 address (I can ping6 it) or TLA/webdav problem?

The address is correct, hence you can ping6 it. But I haven't tried 'tla replay' over IPv6. I just tried once to fetch fresh hipl sources over IPv6 with 'tla get'.

If it isn't a big deal please try to get a fresh source again. No other hints at this moment.

--
Andrey Khurri
Researcher