[hipl-dev] Re: [Merge] lp:~hipl-core/hipl/libhip into lp:hipl

  • From: Xin Gu <eric.nevup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:49:47 +0200

Hi,

On 15/03/12 13:41, Christof Mroz wrote:
Review: Needs Information

A<code>  tag looks more appropriate than<emphasis>  (also in other places
throught the file)
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/code.html

Since this is a library function (i.e., "user-friendly"), this should error out
if neither AF_INET nor AF_INET6 are given.

Since this is a library function, you should check that addr is indeed non-NULL
for UDP.
But better yet: don't use the caller's buffer in the first place but provide
your own.

Would a corresponding remove function make sense?

Next version of libhipl (which is what I am working on now) will contain argument check and other functionalities you mentioned.

Other two issues: code redundancy and useless indirection are fixed.

Sorry for my delayed response. Thanks.

Xin