[hipl-dev] Re: Fwd: [Branch ~hipl-core/hipl/trunk] 6 revisions removed

  • From: Miika Komu <mkomu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:21:00 +0300

Hi,

On 04/27/2012 02:07 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 02:36:54PM +0300, Miika Komu wrote:
On 04/25/2012 02:10 AM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 09:42:55PM +0300, Paul Tötterman wrote:
Doubly sorry,

6 revisions were removed from the branch.

My muscle-memory got the better of me and I did bzr push instead of
bzr merge, which resulted in a flood of email. I do apologize.

The emails are not the problem, the uncommit is.

please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe no code was removed
from the trunk. Paul removed revisions from his own branch and this
caused the message percolate to trunk? So this issue was really
about meta data in the version control.

I wouldn't know how removing revisions from a branch should percolate
to trunk.  It's not an operation that gets recorded in the history.
Whatever ...

I checked immediately after this commit what was removed using an old checkout of trunk and could not find any difference (besides what came in the merge).