[hipl-dev] Re: [Branch ~hipl-core/hipl/trunk] 3 revisions removed

  • From: René Hummen <rene.hummen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hipl-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:36:06 +0200

On 04.05.2011, at 08:10, Stefan Götz wrote:
>> @Stefan: Can you please explain what caused this uncommit. I don't think you
>> did this knowingly.
>
> I can't explain it properly. I was working on an outdated branch of lp:hipl,
> committing to this branch while other commits were made to lp:hipl. When I
> merged lp:hipl back into my branch and then pushed it to lp:hipl, it seems
> that
> bazaar tried to re-establish the commit order by deleting the lp:hipl commits
> and replacing them with my branch commits, including the merge from lp:hipl.

I had the same problem some time ago. I now only do rebases, which circumvent
this specific problem.

> That's not what I expected - sorry for the mess.

Don't worry. I just wanted to verify that it was related to a merge. However,
it make me wonder whether we need a "rebase only" workflow when merging
branches. Opinions?

Ciao,
René

--
Dipl.-Inform. Rene Hummen, Ph.D. Student
Chair of Communication and Distributed Systems