[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01572 Ability To Delete A Conflict >>> Completed

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <coordinator@xxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:50:45 -0400

Category:  Change Request / Operations / Conflicts

Originator:  Harrison, Pamela

Issue
I had a request for instruction to remove a conflict that was set up in error.
I wasn't able to find a method to do so, so suggested the following, and the
email request and instructions follow:

There is a third person there and I have to delete this person. My newest
question is to ask you how to delete a person from a file.  I'm not sure I
understand. Do you mean that you have a saved conflict record for someone, for
whom there is no actual conflict? If that is the case, so far, this is the only
solution (and it's not ideal. I will put this forward to Ottawa as an ACER)
 From the Reception window, choose the client that has the incorrect person
connected as a conflict.
Click on Client details
From the Client Details window, click on the Client Activities icon, and then
on "Conflicts"
On the list of people that are shown in conflict with your client, put your
curser on the one you'd like to delete
Now click on "Edit a Record" at the bottom of the window
Here 's the part that isn't completely satisfactory to me. You can't actually
delete the person, but here's what you can do.......
 Make the end date for the conflict the same as the start date, and hit the
"save" button.
Now, when you close out of the conflict window, that name will no longer show
on the current conflicts list in the Client Details window, and that's good.
The bad news is that name will always (until we get this bug fixed) show on a
list of past conflict relationships, with a one day period. Unfortunately,
that's the best I can do for now. I am going to send this to Henry in Ottawa to
see if I missed anything. Let me know if it works for you.

Pauline tried this and it worked, but it is not a satisfactory solution, as we
could end up with one day conflicts all over the place.

Solution:
Conflicts can now be deleted

As of Version: 3.70.2086