[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 01496 Block Book-Out Grid Should Be Sortable >>> Completed

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sylvain.qui@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <cproulx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:14:08 -0500

Category:  Change Request / Operations

Originator:  Quirion, Sylvain

Issue
Block book-out grid should be sortable.
Triage de la grille dans Operations en bloc.

Solution:
There is a problem with making any of the 3 block operation grids sortable.
Unlike other sortable grids in HIFIS, these three are 'selectable'. This means
that they are not exclusively for navigation, they are used to 'mark' records
for block ops. This means that the grids have to be based on 'updatable' views.
An updatable view cannot be sorted on demand because of its 'buffering' state.
Confusing, I know!

The short version is that, to make these grids sortable, the whole way this
form functions has to be redone. This is a very high effort proposition and
cannot be justified with our limited time and resources.

The good news is that the grids seem to be totally unsorted at this point. This
can be very easily remedied if we pick ONE single sort order for each.
Logically, we may go with Shelter, room/bed. Is this acceptable?

Sylvain is ok WIth Shelter/Room/Bed

Assigned to: Dagher, Henry
Closed in Version: 3.72.2175

Currently Open ACERs Statistics