[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 00945 Can Assign Program To Client More Than Once >>> Completed

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <henryd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:04:06 -0400

Category:  Bug / Operations / Programs

Originator:  Levasseur, Pierre

Issue:
When assigning a program to a client, HIFIS allows you to assign the *same*
program for the *same* stay multiple times. The data is saved multiple times as
well which of course screws up billing reports.

When assigning programs, only those stays where the program has not already
been assigned should show.

This may be a reason why some shelters report that the billing reports are
wrong.

Suzanne: Be careful with this one.

1. If a client is paying for a part of their stay they may pay daily or every
couple of days, weekly etc. either paying for a part of their stay off-setting
the cost billed out or paying for their whole stay. HIFIS needs to be able to
capture both. If the stay is not available to be selected a client could not
pay multiple times as they need to.

2. There are cases where part of a clients stay is billed against one program
and part against a second or even a third program as their stay continues in
the shelter or as they move through programs in a shelter. We do not want to
force clients to be booked out and booked back in to use the programs feature.

The billing needs to be tied to dates to be billed within a clients stay, not
the whole clients stay. No doubt there are even more scenarios out there then I
provided I am only aware of the ones I listed.

Solution:
We now prevent the SAME prog, for the SAME Client/stay at the SAME time.

As of Version: 3.72.2142