[HIFIS3 LIST] Hifis ACER #: 00826 Selecting All Clients Results In No Report >>> Completed

  • From: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <henry.dagher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis-sisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <hifis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:31:25 -0400

Category:  Bug / Reports

Originator:  Levasseur, Pierre

Issue
For some reports, when ALL clients selected, report is not generated

Solution:
Jason:
I have gone through every report and found not one that allows for selecting
"All" OR a specific client. Every report that allows a client selection, does
in fact require ONE client selection - it is never optional. Selecting ALL
returns no data for every report that allows for it. This implies to me, that
reports that run against all clients have the lClient field set to .F. without
exception.
This, to me, makes the All / Select option group redundant since you must
always choose Select for the report to generate.
Does this behaviour break anything? No, but it misleads one report -> Client
Billing (List). This report uses the same replogic as Client Billing
(Individual), therefore it has the lClient field set to .T., but of course
there is no client to select for the List report. My solution to this is to
modify the Replogic for the billing, moving most of it to Common, and
separating the replogic for the two billing reports allowing one to have
lClient .T., the other .F.
This all works fine. The final result it that the option group for the client
selection now appears redundant since the All option is never available. I
don't mind this much since no report accommodates either option. I do recognize
that this was probably setup this way to allow for reports that may, or may
not, require a client selection, The reality is however that such reports have
been created with separate replogic records (with the exception of Client
Billing). Do we then, need to keep this feature? If not, we could take the
All/Select option group away completely - leaving just the text box which would
read *All*, n/a, or the selected client's name, and the command button for
opening the client search form.

Henry: Agreed. Option group removed. All client-centric reports now require a
specific client to be selected.

As of Version: 3.70.2091