Plan to Refurbish #3 (N17903) - Request for Volunteers

  • From: Edwin Funk <efunk11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:07:49 -0500

Hello All,

The plan is coming together with a little more work needed, but we can at least
get started.  Here's what has been identified:

- Disassembly -  Andy Brayer is leading this at the end of Snowbird; we'll
store and work on the ship in the NSM shop - thank you Peter
- Controls - Dave Welles & Shaw Siglin will lead this important effort to
remove, recondition & re-install the controls, fin, rudder, horizontal
stabilizer, elevator, & repair worn aileron hinges
- Instrument Panel - Andy Brayer will remove, refurbish, paint and re-install
the instrument panel in addition to leading the disassembly
- Interior - Still looking for someone who will by them self or team with
someone to remove, clean, replace seat harness, and re-install the interior
(only screwdriver skills required)
- Canopy - Need to identify this or these critical resources, not everyone can
pull this off
- Fabric removal - Need help with this
- Schweizer frame modification options decision - Chris Butler is wading into
this and will make decisions in this area.

We need someone by them self or with their friend/family member step up and
take on the interior responsibility.  We have senior HHSC members who know what
is needed in this area, and can provide that guidance.
We need two volunteers (those who have not been identified above) to show up at
the NSM shop at 10 a.m. Saturday, December 3rd to assist with the fabric
removal, this is the kick off (coffee & donuts provided)  We can begin working
on the other areas as well, please let me know if you're coming, and I'll have
the proper amount of coffee and snacks available.

This should be a fun project, we'll take photos along the way, and publish an
album of what was done.  The plan for the finished project is to have a SGS
2-33 in like new condition, something we can take pride in as new members climb
in to begin their respective soaring experiences.  Please let me know if you're
willing to help in any way.

Thanks

Ed

To send a message to all HHSC subscribers, simply address an e-mail to
"hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx".  NOTE: Post personal information at your own risk. This
list is not totally private, as web-searchable archives remain on-line
indefinitely. For e-mail address changes or deletion from this e-mail list,
contact "webmaster[at_sign]harrishillsoaring.org".
Also, see the HHSC calendar at http://www.calsnet.net/hhsc