April duty schedule set in ShiftPlanning for those using the online system

  • From: Tom Berry <tberry0916@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Harris Hill <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:10:58 -0400

*********  If you are not using the online scheduling tool (ShiftPlanning), please ignore this message  ***************************

Folks, I've matched the ShiftPlanning online schedule to the official schedule that Becky put out earlier this month.  Now that all of the staff are input and scheduled, we should be able to match much more quickly.  If you have notifications set, you will receive them in accordance with those settings.  You can change notifications by logging in to the system and clicking on the 'Settings' link on the left side of the dashboard tab (see diagram below).  If you wish to receive text message notifications, you will have to turn them on by following the instructions in Settings-->notifications.

How the scheduling process will work

I see that some of you have put requests in for future schedule months - good.  Here's how you can expect the scheduling process to work:

1.  Shortly before the schedule is closed (usually about 3 weeks ahead) for the next month, a notice will go out.  (I believe April 3rd is the close date for the May schedule).  Until the close date, shifts will remain OPEN and available for request.  I've received several requests for May's schedule and you are free to make requests for the whole season if you wish.

2.  Make sure to input any vacation requests (I've fielded a few already) so you won't be scheduled on your vacation!

3.  When the close date arrives, shifts for that month will be CLOSED and assignments made.

4.  When you log in to the system, you'll see the shifts you are assigned (see diagram below).  Remember, future month assignments are subject to change until the schedule closes.

5.  Remember that during this test period, the master schedule keeper is Becky at dutysched@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.  This is a parallel system through the June schedule, at least so all official requests must go to her via that email.

Forgot how to sign in?

Go to: http://harrishillsoaringcorporation.shiftplanning.com and log in with your email and password.  If you need to reset your password, send me an email and I'll reset it.

If you have any problems with the system, questions, or want an ID, please let me know via email (tberry0916@xxxxxxxxxxx).

Regards,