RE: ASK-21 #11 Success & Call For The Next Two Saturdays

  • From: Deborah T <thecedarbasket@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <efunk11@xxxxxxx>, <hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 12:29:47 -0500

Uwe -

I can make it this Saturday (3/5) to volunteer - will show up at 9:30 unless I
hear otherwise.

Thanks, Cameron Thweatt

From: efunk11@xxxxxxx
To: hhsc1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ASK-21 #11 Success & Call For The Next Two Saturdays
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:06:21 -0500

Hello All,

First of all thanks to those who worked last Saturday & buffed/waxed #11, it's
beautiful.

I've forwarded Chris Butler's message with attached photos, and want to add the
need for volunteers the next two Saturdays.  It's important to call & let the
team leader know you can help otherwise we make decisions based upon a smaller
group than what actually shows up.  At this time we have two sparkling 21's (#7
& #11) with two more to go.

Saturday, March 5th 9:30 a.m.  - Uwe Zink  607-967-2377
Saturday, March 12th Time TBD - Joel Carberry  607-377-1616 (home) or
607-974-2408 (work)

Thanks big time to all who  have helped the last two weekends where the teams
have faced snow, cold, and wind challenges, and have persevered.  We have two
clean ships.

Ed

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Butler, Christopher" <christopher.butler@xxxxxxxx>
Date: February 28, 2011 9:17:16 AM EST
To: Edwin Funk <efunk11@xxxxxxx>
Subject: ASK-21 #11 Success

I started composing a thank you e-mail Saturday, but couldn’t get the photos
off the 4 GB card with the tools I had available until this AM. I’ll let you
send it out to drum up support.  Please consider emphasizing “committing” and
not “just showing up”.  I couldn’t get confirmation from 3 people (who did
show) and I had at least two more just show up.  It was great to have the help,
but people can end up standing around, too.

You can tell the buffer operators by their blue bellies.  I also liked Corky’s
reflection on the wing.

We had over a foot of snow and frozen pipes to contend with, but determination
and cooperation prevailed and we successfully got #11 ready for the upco ming
flying season.  Greg Schwartz of the Chemung County DPW came up and plowed for
us making it possible.

Thanks go out to:
Chris Butler
Steve Demartino
Ed Funk
Galo Grijalva
Corky Gill
Doug Harshbarger
Evan Harshbarger
Justin McMaster
JT McMaster
Sean Murphy
Lewis Olson
Dick Welles
Uwe Zink

Honorable mention to Wade Hooker for calling me Friday evening to be sure I had
enough help!