[hhrug] Re: Netsurf

  • From: Paul Stewart <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:26:48 GMT

In message <gemini.iuzdyv001v1gj02s8.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I've just taken onboad the latest version of Netsurf.  After expanding the
>> zip file and dropping it into my Netsurf directory I double-clicked the
>> application and it told me I needed iconv 0.07, which I duly downloaded
>> (using a previous version of Netsurf).  I merged the system file from
>> iconv and now find Netsurf refuses to start with the message "Failed
>> reading Aliases file".
>>
>> Any ideas guys.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Bryan
>>
> Tryed this myself and got the same problem, so looks like a developer
> problem, send a bug report.
>
> John

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version of IconV.  There is
also the A9home version on the netsurf website. Do you also have the
mimemap datafile?

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, UK.

Be Bold.  Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town - The A9home
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility page -
(http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp).