[hhrug] Re: Messenger Pro 3.29

  • From: bryanpage1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hhrug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:27:29 GMT

In message <8cb60be24d.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4de1fcfb8ddhwild@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David H Wild <dhwild@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In article <327af9e14d.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I often get emails with long urls which work fine but not from
>>> MessengerPro, sounds like a question for the maillist.
>>
>> They usually work from Pluto. :-))
> they work in MPro david just not when received from MPro I'm sure they
> used to in earlier versions. !
>
>> If MP allows you to edit incoming mail, as Pluto does, you can edit out the
>> new lines and the whole thing turns back into a link.
>>
> you can do just that buts its a bore.
>
> John

If you save the email as a text file, then shift-double click (loading
it into StrongEd), you'll see a character at the end of the first
line, this is the problem.  When writing the original email the URL
shows correctly, even though it spreads over more than one line.

I did notice an option, menu over MPro> Choices> Display settings,
where you can change the width of the display, but this seems to have
no effect.

Thanks for checking this out.

Regards,

Bryan