[HFbeacons] Re: [AR-Beacons] 10m

  • From: wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:03:40 -0500 (CDT)

OOPS!  Got the wrong grid for work, it's FN03nb...sorry!

Aug 13, 2011 10:59:16 AM, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Dave, Keith here in Amherst, NY

I was listening to W5ZA's WEBSDR Rx last night (0330Z) and heard your beacon on meteor scatter.  ALso, I have you in my log back in mid-July, I have to dig the paper copy out, I will verify the date when I locate it.

We have been running hot & cold with E-Skip this summer, seeing that is is tied into the severe WX fronts it requires proper alignment with me and the area I hear.  The storms have been either too close or too far away for me to use their associated E-Clouds.   There have been noteable exceptions but they have not been as consistant as the GulfCoast states have been seeing.

The next big sunspot group should rotate into view in about 25 days, it just went around the edge of the Sun, so look for DX around Labor Day (I hope!)

73 from work,

WB2VUO, Keith, Shop Portable in North Tonawanda, NY: Grid FN03bx

Aug 9, 2011 03:16:03 PM, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Has any one heard KA0SWT/B at 28.2345Mhz?

Dave
KA0SWT