[HFbeacons] Re: [10Mprop] Beacons: Just After Lunch, 16 August

  • From: "W. Keith Hibbert" <wkhibbert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 10mprop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hfbeacons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:04:31 +0000

Hi, Keith back again here in Amherst, NY

It's 1700Z and this is what I heard after lunch. As before, the antenna used is indicated.

(V) - 4BTV roof-mounted vertical with radials
(H) - 3/2-wave doublet, horizontal, up 20 feet

Heard between 1645Z and 1700Z on 16 August, I copied the following:

28.2047  KE4TWI (V) 579
28.2124  KJ4QYB (V) 539
28.2140  N4PAL (H) 559
28.2154  KD5CKP (V) 579
28.2255  W2DLL (V) Ground wave, 559

28.2380  KB2SEO (V) 559
28.2450  N8RT (V) 559
28.2464  KI4LEV (H) 569
28.2590  AA4AN (V) 539
28.2692  W3HH (H) 539

28.2717  W4TIY (V) 559
28.2886  WJ5O (V) 539
28.2930  ND4Z (H) 559
28.2998  KF4MS (H) 539

The band is actually pretty stable today, when the 3 active areas that gave us the aurora and DX last week come back it will be interesting to see what sort of F2 & TE we get. Looking forward to it!

73, Keith, WB2VUO
Amherst, NY: Grid FN20ox