[hellogcc] [MIPS] What should I do if I want to add registers for the MIPS-target of gdb.

  • From: Liu <proljc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:37:22 +0800

Hi all,

I need to make gdb support our MIPS-based CPU, our CPU have more
registers than MIPS64, I named them $z0-$z127 in gcc, for I have
ported gcc for it.
I want that when running "info registers all" command, gdb can dump
all the register of our MIPS-based CPU, What should I do?
And, what should I do in ptrace.[hc] in the Linux Kernel?

I find
  MIPS_EMBED_LO_REGNUM = 33,
  MIPS_EMBED_HI_REGNUM = 34,
in the mips-tdep.h of gdb source code.