[healthitusc] Re: Don't Forget to Register for the 2/5/2010 SoCal HIMSS Consumer Driven Healthcare Conference at UCLA!!

  • From: Tushar Bansal <bansaltusshar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kevin Ma <kevincma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:11:31 -0800

Hi Guys,

Conference Call is set up. Any concerns let Kevin or me know about it.

Thanks!

Tushar..
On 19-Jan-10, at 3:04 PM, Kevin Ma wrote:

Hi all,

It looks like Wednesday after 6pm is best for us to meet so far. However, since it is on short notice and only 5 people have replied to my link, I think we should set up an online conference call tomorrow at 6pm. Tushar, can you set that up the same way as before? Thanks.

--Kevin

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Chris Zepeda <czrunner83@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey guys,

If many of you can't make it this week, then let's do an online or conference call option. Can anyone set that up?

For the meeting this week we are going to talk about the HIMSS southern california chapter consumer driven healthcare conference. The conference is on February 5th from 945am to 3pm. It is located at UCLA Covel Commons. It is only 15 dollars for students. Our responsibility is to get as many USC students there to participate. Tushar has done a fantastic job of recruiting all of us, so we all should participate in this. Here are some things we need to do before we meet up:

1) Each of us should register for this event. Online Registration: http://www.himss-socal.org/ Once you are on this web page please scroll to the bottom and click on the link that says "Register Securely Online." When you register online make sure that you fill out the section that says "If you are a student, enter your school name." Let's get 100% participation from our HIT members at USC.

2) The next thing you should do this week before we talk is to target 5 students that you believe would be interested in this and try to get them to sign up. Write down their names and cross them off as they sign up. If they enjoy this presentation, it would be a great way for us to offer them involvement and membership into the USC HIT program. So let us use this event as a way to market and recruit students. Remember before our meeting, you are mainly targeting these students. Let's make it our goals to each sign up 5 people by January 29th. This event is just around the corner and will come up very quick.

If you want to give your friends a flyer for this event, then here is the link:
http://www.himss-socal.org/20100205_SoCal_HIMSS_AAC_Program_Flyer.pdf

Thanks,
Chris Zepeda

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Aida Golzar <aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm out of town this week.  Can we have an online option as well?

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Kevin Ma <kevincma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I can go ahead and schedule a meeting for next week. Select the time slots of when you can attend here: http://doodle.com/ smqst95ti9fmfxiy

Let me know by Tuesday so I can schedule a place ahead of time. Thanks.

Regards,
Kevin

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Nathalie H. Pelka <pelka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey guys,

I think a meeting would be ideal as Chris stated. It will probably be best if we stick to the times and days we had last semester. Regarding memberships, last semester I recruited about 10 undergraduates. I have their contact information. We can invite them to our next meeting.

Best,
Nathalie

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Aida Golzar <aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a good set of holidays. I received this email from Jim this morning and I told him I'd get back to him. I'm not sure who was in charge of recruitment??? In any case take a look below and send me your thoughts. Thanks!

Best,
Aida

"Brady, James" <James.Brady@xxxxxxxx>
01/15/2010 07:03 AM

<aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: Fw: Don't Forget to Register for the 2/5/2010 SoCal HIMSS Consumer Driven Healthcare Conference at UCLA!!

Hi Aida,

Do you know if anyone in the USC HIT group ever reached out to the undergrads to have them join the group? Tushar seems to be busy this semester so I was wondering if you’re still involved with the group, and if so, could you reach out to the members and see how they are doing with registering for the $15 2/5 conference at UCLA. Also, would the students want to host a display table at the event?

Feel free to email or call me. Otherwise, I’ll be in touch shortly about what you can help with at the event. Thanks.

Jim
310-924-5785

From: "Brady, James" <James.Brady@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:23:06 -0800
To: <brian.neman@xxxxxxxxx>; <bansaltusshar@xxxxxxxxx>; <yufeng@xxxxxxx>; <shubhamupadhyay@xxxxxxxxx>; <czepeda@xxxxxxx>; <navyaswetha@xxxxxxxxx>; <garciala@xxxxxxx>; <tingting.yu.lu@xxxxxxxxx>; <txhosler@xxxxxxxxx>; <lkstricke@xxxxxxxxx>; <lauraxbarrera@xxxxxxxxx>; <edwardtsai@xxxxxxxx>; <aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxx>; <scolaco@xxxxxxx>; <yiqianli@xxxxxxx>; <arzadon@xxxxxxx>; <chentaow@xxxxxxx>; <ihasan@xxxxxxx> Subject: Don't Forget to Register for the 2/5/2010 SoCal HIMSS Consumer Driven Healthcare Conference at UCLA!!
Hey everyone,

Hope 2010 is treating everyone well!! Just wanted to touch bases and let you know that registration is now open for the next SoCal HIMSS event (Register Securely Online Here). See info below and attached flyer. The speakers will be awesome and the networking fantastic (not to mention the great food!!). I hope everyone can make it.

I ran into a little bit of red tape regarding your complimentary SoCal and National HIMSS memberships (for those that haven’t joined yet). However, if you register for this event (only $15 for students … worth it for the food alone!), your membership to the local chapter and national HIMSS organization will be formally granted to you at no additional cost. Sorry if this delay has caused anyone any problems.

Otherwise, we will need a few volunteers to help out during the day of the event. So register if you can and let me know if you would like to help out (man the registration table, assist one of the speakers, help coordinate food people, etc.)

You’ll be getting another email from me with more info shortly.

In the meantime, feel free to spread the word to your fellow students and co-workers about the event!

Talk with you soon!!

Jim
310-924-5785

Registration Now Open

Consumer Driven Healthcare Conference

“Bridging the Gap between Healthcare Providers & Partners, and Academia”

Friday, February 5, 2010

Our SoCal HIMSS Academic Alliance Committee Program will held on Friday, February 5th, 2010 from 9:00am to 3:45pm. This is expected to be an excellent program, with a Keynote, several featured speakers, and a panel of accomplished healthcare professionals and researchers.

Click Here for the Program Agenda

Please mark your calendars and tell your friends/colleagues in our industry!

We are pleased to announce that our keynote speaker will be Charles Kennedy, MD, Vice President of Health Information Technology, WellPoint Inc. and recognized thought leader on numerous Federal, State, and private industry initiatives.

Our other featured speakers include:

· John Fontanesi, PhD, Director and Professor of Medicine, UCSD School of Medicine · Todd Taylor, MD, FACEP, Physician Executive, Microsoft Health Solutions Group · Thomas Horan, PhD, Director and Associate Professor, Claremont Graduate University

Jean Balgrosky, MPH, PhD Candidate at UCLA and former CIO of Scripps Health, will moderate our panel discussion. The panel includes industry and academic experts:

· Leah Vriesman, PhD, MHA, MBA, Assistant Professor, UCLA School of Public Health
·       Tyrone Grandison, PhD, Manager of Health Informatics, IBM
· Jan Oldenburg, PhD (ABD), Senior Practice Leader, Kaiser Permanente · Gail Medeiros, MPH, MHA, Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California, School of Policy, Planning & Development; Director, Solutions Performance Analysis, My Health Community · Frances Dare, MBA, Director, Healthcare Practice, Cisco Systems

Location: UCLA Covel Commons Conference Center
             330 De Neve Dr., Los Angeles, CA  90095-1492

Cost: $15.00 (Students), $45.00 (HIMSS Members); $75 (Non-HIMSS Members)

Registration is open, you may now Register Securely Online

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

We would like to thank our Southern California HIMSS chapter sponsors who help make this event possible..

HIMSS Southern California Chapter
www.himss-socal.org

IMPORTANT WARNING: This message is intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by calling (310) 423-6428 and destroy the related message. Thank You for your cooperation.

--
Best,

Aida Golzar
949-242-8509 (w)
925-348-6961 (c)
aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxx

--
Kevin C. Ma
PhD. Candidate / Research Assistant
University of Southern California

--
Best,

Aida Golzar
949-242-8509 (w)
925-348-6961 (c)
aida.golzar@xxxxxxxxx

--
Kevin C. Ma
PhD. Candidate / Research Assistant
Image Processing and Informatics Laboratory
Depts. of Biomedical Engineering / Radiology
University of Southern California

Tushar Bansal
M.H.A, M.B.A, M.S.
2605 Severance St.,