[HEALTH.MIL] Update: TRICARE Statement About Government Shutdown

  • From: HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TFL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 19:26:11 -0500

Update: TRICARE Statement About Government Shutdown

"We know that those who rely on the Military Health System (MHS) are concerned
about how the government shutdown might impact their health care and are taking
appropriate actions to assure that our beneficiaries are cared for.

TRICARE beneficiaries using providers in the private sector should feel no
effects at this time.

The Defense Health Agency has authorized its managed care support contractors to
continue to administer their contracts and deliver health care. The Contractors
expect to receive claims from providers, which will ultimately be reimbursed by
the DHA. If the shutdown continues, DHA leadership will look at the best way to
support our contractors and beneficiaries.

The MHS leadership - comprised of the assistant secretary of defense for Health
Affairs, the director of the Defense Health Agency, and the surgeons general of
the military departments - are closely monitoring the impact of a government
shutdown on the health services provided to our 9.6 million beneficiaries."

Please also be aware that during the government shutdown, TRICARE will not be
able to process or pay TRICARE travel claims for the TRICARE Prime
<http://tricare.mil/Welcome/Plans/Prime/TravelReimb.aspx>  or the Combat-Related
Specialty Care
<http://tricare.mil/Welcome/SpecialPrograms/CRSCTravelBenefit.aspx>  travel
benefits. You may still file your travel claim. TRICARE will review claims for
eligibility and process them once the government shutdown ends.

TRICARE for Life, funded by a separate annuity account, is currently unaffected
by the government shutdown.

If you have questions about your benefits, please contact your regional
contractor or the appropriate contractor (i.e. pharmacy, dental, etc.). Visit
the Contact Us <http://tricare.mil/ContactUs/CallUs.aspx>  page for a complete
list of toll-free numbers.

To get the latest information by email about any change in the effect of the
government shutdown on TRICARE, subscribe to benefit updates and get email
alerts at www.tricare.mil/subscriptions.

SOURCE:  TRICARE News Release at
http://tricare.mil/Welcome/MediaCenter/News/Archives/10_9_13_Shutdown Last
Updated 10/9/2013

NOTICE:  Archived copies of this and other mailing list messages,

instructions and other useful information for active duty, retirees and
veterans, and

their families, are available on the LINKS FOR MIL\RET\VETS website at