[HEALTH.MIL] TRICARE Statement About Government Shutdown

  • From: HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TFL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 13:07:38 -0500

TRICARE Statement About Government Shutdown

10/1/2013

On October 1, 2013, the Defense Health Agency issued the following statement:

"We know that those who rely on the Military Health System (MHS) are concerned
about how the government shutdown might impact their health care.

While we can't predict the exact consequences of a shutdown on every part of our
MHS, we will likely see some impact on the delivery of health care services
within our military hospitals and clinics. Inpatient, acute and emergency
outpatient care in our medical and dental facilities will continue, as will
private sector care under TRICARE. Local hospital and clinic commanders will
need to implement the required adjustments to available medical services while
ensuring that the quality of care and safety of patients remain intact. Patients
should contact their hospital or clinic to confirm previously scheduled routine
appointments. Patients needing to schedule new routine appointments might
experience delays.

For TRICARE beneficiaries using providers in the private sector, little or no
effect is anticipated at this time.

The MHS leadership - comprised of the assistant secretary of defense for Health
Affairs, the director of the Defense Health Agency, and the surgeons general of
the military departments - are closely monitoring the impact of a government
shutdown on the health services provided to our 9.6 million beneficiaries."

Please also be aware that during the government shutdown, TRICARE will not be
able to process or pay TRICARE travel claims for the TRICARE Prime
<http://tricare.mil/Welcome/Plans/Prime/TravelReimb.aspx>  or the Combat-Related
Specialty Care
<http://tricare.mil/Welcome/SpecialPrograms/CRSCTravelBenefit.aspx>  travel
benefits. You may still file your travel claim. TRICARE will review claims for
eligibility and process them once the government shutdown ends.

If you have questions about your benefits, please contact your regional
contractor (below) or the appropriate contractor (i.e. pharmacy, dental, etc.).
Visit the Contact Us <http://tricare.mil/ContactUs/CallUs.aspx>  page for a
complete list of toll-free numbers.

NORTH REGION - Health Net Federal Services; SOUTH REGION - Humana Military, a
division of Humana Government Business; WEST REGION  - UnitedHealthcare Military
& Veterans; OVERSEAS     - International SOS

North Region

.         Health Net Federal Services

.         www.hnfs.com

.         1-877-TRICARE (1-877-874-2273)

South Region

.         Humana Military, a division of Humana Government Business

.         Humana-Military.com <http://www.humana-military.com>

.         1-800-444-5445

West Region

.         UnitedHealthcare Military & Veterans

.         www.uhcmilitarywest.com

.         1-877-988-WEST (1-877-988-9378)

Overseas

.         International SOS

.         www.tricare-overseas.com

.         Country-Specific Toll-Free Numbers
<http://www.tricare-overseas.com/ContactUs/default.htm>

SOURCE:  TRICARE News Release at
http://tricare.mil/Welcome/MediaCenter/News/Archives/10_1_13_Shutdown

NOTICE:  Archived copies of this and other mailing list messages,
subscribe\unsubscribe

instructions and other useful information for active duty, retirees and
veterans, and

their families, are available on the LINKS FOR MIL\RET\VETS website at
www.hostmtb.org