[HEALTH.MIL] REMINDER: TRICARE Service Center Walk-In Service Ending

  • From: HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <HEALTH.MIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 13:36:51 -0500

TRICARE Service Center Walk-In Service Ending

Walk-in service is ending at TRICARE Service Centers in the U.S. by April 1,

.         TRICARE Service Centers are customer service outlets that are operated
by our regional contractors.

.         They are usually located in military hospitals and clinics.

.         Because our overseas areas are unique, walk-in service at TRICARE
Service Centers in all overseas areas
<http://www.tricare.mil/ContactUs/TSC/Overseas.aspx>  will continue.

To get your questions answered in the U.S., you'll no longer walk-in during
limited hours. Instead:

.         Go online, anytime-learn about your online customer service options

.         Call <http://www.tricare.mil/ContactUs/CallUs.aspx>  toll-free

.         Try our mobile apps (see

.         View News Article: "TRICARE Ends Walk-in Admin Services at 189
Facilities <http://www.defense.gov/News/NewsArticle.aspx?ID=121473> "

This change does not affect any TRICARE benefits or health care services.

Why the Change?

Since the first TRICARE Service Center opened in the mid 1990's, we've seen a
shift in how you get information. With today's technology, anything you can do
at a TRICARE Service Center can be done online or over the phone.

Our goal is to improve the services that you prefer to use. This change in
walk-in service will save an estimated $250 million over the next five years,
letting us invest in the services you want instead of those you don't use.

To visit a TRICARE Service Center in the U.S. through March 31, 2014, select
your region to find one near you:

.         North Region <https://hnfs.com/apps/tsclocator/default.aspx>

.         South Region

.         West Region