[hci-ta-program-board] Kind request for the organizers and the possible PB members

  • From: Masaaki Kurosu <masaakikurosu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hci-ta-program-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 16:31:07 +0900

Dear PB members for HCII2017 (HCI-TA2017),

Sorry for the delay of my message for those registered to this mailing list on FreeLists.

As a chair of this PB, I would like you to send invitations to your colleagues for organizing the organized sessions as you can see below in the mail from Constantine Stephanidis, the general conference chair of HCII2017.

Besides that, I would like you to respond to my request. Regarding my policy on the management of HCI-TA, please read the attached file. As you can see, my idea is to expand the potential area of HCI-TA and make a good balance between industry-and-academia and engineering-and-human (social science).

So I would like you to let me know the information of your colleagues using the attached form. For example, following is an imaginary example. At the cell (lower right) myself is located. And other three cells are filled with the information of my friends who are likely to collaborate with us for HCI-TA 2017 as PB members.

        Engineering     Human (Social Science)
Industry        Name    Zheng Gao       Name    Kola Kish
Affiliation     Huawei  Affiliation     IBM research
Country         PRC     Country         US
Email zheng.gao@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:zheng.gao@xxxxxxxxx> Email kola@xxxxxxx <mailto:kola@xxxxxxx>
Academia        Name    Ingmar Wishgeht         Name    Me
Affiliation     Uppsala University      Affiliation
Country         Sweden  Country
Email   ingmar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ingmar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>        Email

I sincerely wish you to fill in the form (not necessarily all the cells) and send it back to me.

Thanks so much for your cooperation in advance.

Best wishes,

Masaaki

On 2016/10/12 2:06, Constantine Stephanidis wrote:

Dear Masaaki,

The next few weeks are time-critical for the process of identifying and inviting potential session organisers for your thematic area in the context of HCII 2017, to be held in Vancouver, Canada next July.

I therefore most kindly urge you to provide to the Program Administration (in cc), as soon as possible, with the name and contact email of those individuals whom you wish to be invited for this task.

I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience, during the coming days.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation and for this specific invaluable contribution towards the success of HCII2017.

Kindest regards,
Constantine

Masaaki Kurosu
Professor - The Open University of Japan
President Emeritus - NPO HCD-Net
http://user-engineering.net/masaaki/index.html