[HCCmember-talk] Re: HCC Club Meeting Recap

  • From: Art Cor <sk8r_art@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:07:32 -0700

Get socks made by Defeet or Sock Guys.

Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:12:44 -0700
Subject: [HCCmember-talk] HCC Club Meeting Recap
From: herculescyclingclub@xxxxxxxxx
To: hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: jona.sabino@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

​
What's up Fellas!
Here is a recap of our discussion yesterday,  Thanks again to everyone who
came!
- Organized rides (i.e. Marin Century & Grizzly Peak Century):  We will have 4
organized rides per year, 1 ride per quarter where we can try to represent as a
big group.  We will start on the 3rd quarter for this year, where Andy and
Darren will research and pick out 3 rides for their designated quarter.  I will
post their ride research on the FB group as a poll for us to vote on which ride
we prefer.  Local rides are preferable and reasonably priced for what the ride
offers.  We want to limit these rides we pick as Metric Centuries.
- Bike the Bridges Charity Ride by Hercules Police Dept - We will plan to
represent at this local ride.  Fund raising for the Special Olympics.  Will be
on June 14, 2015.
- Kit Reorder - A reminder that order deadline is May 17th.
- 4th of July Expo for the Hercules Dynamite 5K - We plan to participate at
this years expo, if the price remains the same at $25 and also volunteer to
help out with the 5K event.
- HCC Swap Meet - Let's plan on selecting someones garage during the Hercules
city wide garage sale on April 25th.  We can bring all our extra bike stuff
that we can either sell to each other or to people that stops by during the
garage sale.
- HCC Summer BBQ - We plan to have our annual anniversary BBQ in August.
- HCC Polka dot climbers jersey - we will hold off on this project
- HCC Time Trial - Glenn spear heading this event.  This will be held late
spring.  Details to follow from Glenn. Another great way to measure and improve
our performance.  Exciting!
- Capo - We will inquire about designing socks for HCC.
- SNG Sundays - Show and Go Sundays are non sanctioned club rides, purely as a
recovery ride where guys can just show up and pick out a route they want to do
that morning and go.  First show and go will be Sunday, April 29th.
- Dynamite rides as we would call it or (HOP) We will announce that there is
going to be a dynamite ride pace  once we confirm a dynamite pace leader for
that weekend ride.  First dynamite pace tentatively is  April 11th.  To roll
out at 8:30 am.  B group rolls out at 8:00 am.   Dynamite pace is fast with no
regroups, if one gets dropped, they have the option to fall back on the B group.
- Ride Recaps -  We want to open doing the ride write ups to everyone to see
everyone's perspective.  If a member would like to do a write up, simply inform
Jonah, Chris, or Andy during the ride and e-mail us the write up later that
day.
- MTB rides - We are looking to build our Mtb group as we need a co-Mtb Ride
Coordinator  to help out Adrian Guevara facilitate and pick out the mtb routes.
  Will announce on FB to check for members who are interested in taking on the
role.
- Midweek rides - We will start up the Mid-week rides again, first week of May
on Wednesday at 6:00pm

- HCC Tracker program - Our Web Design, Darren will be working on a way for our
significant others to locate us via GPS to know where we are during the ride,
for safety reasons.
Looks like another exciting year for HCC!  Thanks for everyone's input, time,
and effort!  Appreciate y'all in helping create and build a great cycling
culture in our club.  Kudos to all!
Cheers,Jonah

JPEG image