[HCCmember-talk] HCC Club Meeting Recap

  • From: HERCULES CYCLING CLUB <herculescyclingclub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:12:44 -0700

​
What's up Fellas!

Here is a recap of our discussion yesterday,  Thanks again to everyone who
came!

- Organized rides (i.e. Marin Century & Grizzly Peak Century):  We will
have 4 organized rides per year, 1 ride per quarter where we can try to
represent as a big group.  We will start on the 3rd quarter for this year,
where Andy and Darren will research and pick out 3 rides for their
designated quarter.  I will post their ride research on the FB group as a
poll for us to vote on which ride we prefer.  Local rides are preferable
and reasonably priced for what the ride offers.  We want to limit these
rides we pick as Metric Centuries.

- Bike the Bridges Charity Ride by Hercules Police Dept - We will plan to
represent at this local ride.  Fund raising for the Special Olympics.  Will
be on June 14, 2015.

- Kit Reorder - A reminder that order deadline is May 17th.

- 4th of July Expo for the Hercules Dynamite 5K - We plan to participate at
this years expo, if the price remains the same at $25 and also volunteer to
help out with the 5K event.

- HCC Swap Meet - Let's plan on selecting someones garage during the
Hercules city wide garage sale on April 25th.  We can bring all our extra
bike stuff that we can either sell to each other or to people that stops by
during the garage sale.

- HCC Summer BBQ - We plan to have our annual anniversary BBQ in August.

- HCC Polka dot climbers jersey - we will hold off on this project

- HCC Time Trial - Glenn spear heading this event.  This will be held late
spring.  Details to follow from Glenn. Another great way to measure and
improve our performance.  Exciting!

- Capo - We will inquire about designing socks for HCC.

- SNG Sundays - Show and Go Sundays are non sanctioned club rides, purely
as a recovery ride where guys can just show up and pick out a route they
want to do that morning and go.  First show and go will be Sunday, April
29th.

- Dynamite rides as we would call it or (HOP) We will announce that there
is going to be a dynamite ride pace  once we confirm a dynamite pace leader
for that weekend ride.  First dynamite pace tentatively is  April 11th.  To
roll out at 8:30 am.  B group rolls out at 8:00 am.   Dynamite pace is fast
with no regroups, if one gets dropped, they have the option to fall back on
the B group.

- Ride Recaps -  We want to open doing the ride write ups to everyone to
see everyone's perspective.  If a member would like to do a write up,
simply inform Jonah, Chris, or Andy during the ride and e-mail us the write
up later that day.

- MTB rides - We are looking to build our Mtb group as we need a co-Mtb
Ride Coordinator  to help out Adrian Guevara facilitate and pick out the
mtb routes.   Will announce on FB to check for members who are interested
in taking on the role.

- Midweek rides - We will start up the Mid-week rides again, first week of
May on Wednesday at 6:00pm

- HCC Tracker program - Our Web Design, Darren will be working on a way for
our significant others to locate us via GPS to know where we are during the
ride, for safety reasons.

Looks like another exciting year for HCC!  Thanks for everyone's input,
time, and effort!  Appreciate y'all in helping create and build a great
cycling culture in our club.  Kudos to all!

Cheers,

Jonah

JPEG image