[HCCmember-talk] Re: Franco Bicycles

  • From: Glenn Munlawin <munlawin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hccmember-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 10:11:00 -0700

Hi Arnel - that's a 'your mileage may vary' kind of answer. I have not used
Shimano products other than the Garmin Cervelo R5 with Dura Ace (10 sped).
I can say that the Force 22 no-rub/no-noise/cross chain capabilities are
awesome. I can have it on the small ring and the 11 cog with virtually no
noise. Same with the big ring and the 26 cog.

The new Kanan I am getting will have Dura Ace 9000 11 speed and am anxious
to try it.

Oh, in terms of colors, the proposed colors and pricing are what they've
set for the club. But again, we need to coordinate as a group to mention
the Hercules Cycling Club. Be it a stock color or different color, we
should be able to take advantage of a discount (*to go back on the
discussion I had with Mike - a smaller retailer with a direct to
consumer model = better and flexible pricing). *

Anyone who is going on the Saturday ride, I'll be there with my trusty
Balcom S and feel free to ask me q's. I may not know too much about bottom
line pricing for each individual build as that's up to what other
components you add and delete, but I can answer whatever experiences I have
had and what other bits I have heard.