Home Based Online Marketing News How To Write Sales Copy

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 19:46:36 -0700 (PDT)

HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Helping You To Be Successful Online"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
Onlinesuccessstrategies.com
April 27, 2002
Hello Subscribers,

Today we have something new in internet marketing
that's worth taking a look at.  It could make you money
today!

Send us your 2 line ad for our FREE subscriber 2 lind
ad section to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject=2lineads

Roger Schoenwald

In Today's Issue

1. KISS
2. Online Marketing Product Profile
3. E-Commerce Resources
4. Subscribers 2 Line Ads
Sponsor 1

--- Destroy Your Alarm Clock - Wave Goodbye To Your Boss ---
That's what thousands of others are doing, taking control of
their lives by plugging into the worlds best online business
opportunity.
See how this proven system can transform your life for the
better.

http://rwspub.referralware.com

1. This Weeks Success Article

KISS - Keep It Short Scholar
by James D. Brausch

We've all heard the normal KISS principle (Keep It Simple
Scholar). When we talk about sales copy, it is important
to keep it simple. It is also important to keep it short.

Let's briefly take a different view of sales copy.

Perhaps you take the view that sales copy is meant to talk
people into purchasing your product/service.  For a moment,
let's take a different view that it is actually there
to talk people OUT of purchasing your product/service. In
many ways, this latter view is more accurate.

Think about the prospect as they read your ad copy. They
read a sentence and like what it says. They feel good;
they feel hope that this will be the answer to one of
their problems. They read another sentence. It affirms
the first and they feel more excited. They are ready to
buy, but there is more ad copy. They read on. The third
sentence doesn't really apply to their specific problem.
Perhaps they start to lose a bit of that excitement. Then
the fourth sentence completely alienates them. They aren't
part of THAT group of people (perhaps you were selling a
fitness product and the fourth sentence was related to
weight-loss). They turn the page or click the BACK button
or close the browser. You've lost them.

If your ad copy stopped after the first two lines, you
would have made the sale.  Start reading your ad copy in
this way. Normally, each sentence is viewed as the sentence
the potentially "sells" them.  In reality, usually your
prospect is reading each sentence looking for a reason NOT
to buy. Start editing your ad copy to eliminate all of
those potential reasons. In general, strive to make your
ad copy as short as possible.

Not a believer yet? Let me give you some real-life examples
that lead me to this conclusion.  In the early days, I
would test click-thru rates using a variety of sales copy.
I would try a paragraph against another paragraph. This is
where I fist noticed that shorter is better. The shorter
paragraphs almost always outperformed the longer paragraphs.
This is true for both the click-thru rate and the overall
amount of revenue generated over a period of time.

I finally tested this conclusion all the way to it's
logical extreme...  Yep; a single word outperforms two
words almost every time.  I now use this concept to build
traffic for others.  I draw in the largest potential group
of customers by using a single word.  I then show them a
full paragraph describing my customer's exact product/service
to narrow that group down to the perfectly targeted visitors
to send along to my customer. The others are given other
choices so that I can make some other use of them.

Need more proof?  Try it yourself.  Create a link on your
site that says something like: "For the least expensive
high quality widgets, click here".   Obviously, change
the "widgets" to something you want to actually sell. Also
make sure you use some method to track click-thru rates and
sales.  Expose that link to a test group of visitors and
record your results.  Now repeat with the following
progressively shorter phrases:

Least Expensive/high quality widgets
Least Expensive Widgets
Cheap Widgets
Widgets

In almost all cases, you will find that your click-thru
rate will increase as the phrase becomes shorter.  In most
cases, you'll also notice that the total revenue will
increase as well. Your revenue per click will level off at
some point. This is the point of most efficiency.

Try the same exercise with your one-page sales letter.
Start off with 10 paragraphs and slowly start to eliminate
the least useful paragraphs.  You should notice the same
effect. Eventually, your revenue per visitor will level
off and tell you that the remaining paragraphs all say
essential things to sell your product. Then you can start
trimming out sentences. Finally individual phrases and
words.

The goal is to tell your prospects enough about your
product/service that they are ready to buy and NOTHING
MORE. Anything more than these essentials is just going
to convince them that your product/service isn't right
for them.

Of course, you must be sure to tell them the essentials so
that they make an informed decision.  This isn't a call to
be dishonest by leaving out essential information.  It is
actually a call to be more honest by leaving out extraneous
information that would confuse and drive away potential
customers.
------------
The author, James D. Brausch, is the Vice President of
Marketing for Target Blaster, Inc., an Internet Marketing
firm specializing in targeted traffic.
http://www.TargetBlaster.com
Sponsor 2

--- The Greatest Collection of Moneymaking Emails Ever ---
FREE eBook! Ready to profit from email marketing? Webmasters,
use this marketing information to increase traffic, get more
sales, or
increase your email lists.

http://mde.referralware.com
2. Marketing Product Profile

Empowerism

Here's an opportunity that is unlike any other program
on the internet. It's available WORLDWIDE, provides a
real product that is truly needed by the MLM and internet
marketing industry, costs less than $20 per month, and
provides Long Term Residual Income.

Don't prejudge this opportunity. Take a good look at
everything before you decide yes or no. Visit their
professional quality website, take a look at all the
benefits, then decide. But don't take too long. This
is going to move extremely fast.

How would you like to turn a $20 a month investment
into a realistic $5,000 per month in residual income?
How would you like to turn it into $10,000 per month?
Many people will do it. Maybe, like a lot of people,
you could use just an extra $1,000 or so a month to
pay off those bills and have some fun.

The compensation plan is a simple yet very lucrative
3x9 MATRIX, providing the possibility of up to
$29,000+ in MONTHLY RESIDUAL INCOME. You also
receive a $10 FAST START BONUS for each personal
subscriber you enroll...PAID WEEKLY.

And It's A Bargain Anyone Can Afford. ACT FAST!
This is going out for the first time to all of our
members, several hundred thousand!. At Only $24.95
to get started, which includes your first month's
membership, and $19.95 per month thereafter, this
program will have no economic barriers.

PLUS...Once you enroll 3 personally sponsored paid
subscribers, your monthly subscription fee is
covered!

Automatic Spillover

We and our upline leaders are beginning a
very active promotional effort that could bring
big numbers into our organization. And when "they"
join - they will join under you if you get in now.

That's Automatic SPILLOVER. We will be helping you
build your group!

No matter what company you may be involved with
right now, this opportunity will be a perfect
compliment. Everyone in MLM and internet marketing
needs this.

INTRODUCING...

EMPOWERISM and EXCELLENCE MAGAZINE..
THE FIRST REAL MAGAZINE EVER MADE AVAILABLE
BY AN ONLINE TRAINING COMPANY.

Along with Excellence Magazine, which is mailed every
2 months directly to your doorstep, Empowerism also
provides the best online MLM and internet marketing
training in the industry.

We are looking for leaders NOW to position themselves
at the top of our 3x9 matrix and so we can rock the
internet.

Remember...this is available WORLDWIDE!
HURRY...EVERY SECOND COUNTS!

ATTENTION LEADERS:

How would you like to potentially double or even
triple your income? If you're 1 of the top 3 enrollers
during the contest period, ending April 30th, you will
be given an additional position at the top of the
company's new matrix. This could mean extra thousands
of dollars per month in residual income for you.
That's in addition to the matrix that you will be
building. JOIN NOW!

If you're a leader, this is easy money.
If you're a novice, you need the training and the
potential spillover that can come from the explosive
growth that lies ahead.

DON'T MISS THIS INCREDIBLE WORLDWIDE OPPORTUNITY!

Go to the website below, and GET STARTED TODAY...

http://www.empowerism.com/e/33275

3.This Weeks E-Commerce Resources

No matter how glamorous your Web site, or how
good your program is, you absolutely need TRAFFIC
to make Sales... You need Massive Swarms of Highly
Qualified Buyers and you need them A.S.A.P... Right?
More info http://mail-mania.com/vip/rs03205/index.html

Honey I Fired The Boss
Find out how these and other average people are taking back
their lives and finding amazing success and income to go with
it in real home based businesses.
http://www.quickinfo247.com/2698063

Who's helping you with your online business plans?
The web-based guide at
http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048
is a real case-study of how a home business owner earns six
figures a year online in his part time. Find out how he does
it...http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048

We're exciting, ever changing, updated, and on the cutting-edge
of what works in the ever changing world of online marketing! -
In other words, we're kicking some tail!
The Simple Truth is Still the Simple Truth and you may want to
take another look :-)
http://mail-mania.com/vip/rs03205/index.html
4.  Subscribers 2 Line Ads
(Support our readers.  Send your 2 line ad
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subject=2 line ads)

Self Defense For Everyone
http://www.hometown.aol.com/janikvideo/4.html

Earn $1000-1500 every month with Reprint Right
http://www.ebookresaleright.com?online

Visit The Web Host That Pays You Back!
 http://www.Host4Profit.com/cgi-bin/home.cgi?2396

Looking For A Home Business
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/sfi.htm

The Secrets to Making Money Online
http://www.thewarriorgroup.com/cgi-bin/reasonwhy.cgi?2396

HOW TO MAKE $100 AN HOUR SPENDING ONLY 2 HOURS A DAY
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/makemoney.htm

(C) Copyright 2002 RWS Publishing
Roger Schoenwald
rwspub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx