Home Based Online Marketing News Email Marketing How To

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 05:48:46 -0800 (PST)

HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Helping You To Be Successful Online"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
Onlinesuccessstrategies.com
January 26, 2002
Hello Subscribers,

This week our series on marketing tools continues with
our look at SiteSell products.

Send us your 2 line ad for our FREE subscriber 2 lind
ad section to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject=2lineads

Roger Schoenwald

In Today's Issue

1. Email Marketing How To (Part 1)
2. How To Create Your Simple Affiliate Program For Free
3. Online Marketing Product Profile
4. E-Commerce Resources
5. Subscribers 2 Line Ads
********************
Sponsor 1
HOW TO MAKE $100 AN HOUR SPENDING ONLY 2 HOURS A DAY
***
"We've helped over 80,000 others to profit on the Internet...
And now -
after a lot of fine tuning - you have the perfect internet
marketing
system at your disposal. You can profit from it the day you
start
with the very same techniques that all the *Big-Guys* have been
hiding from you!" --- Learn more TODAY at:

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/makemoney.htm

1. This Weeks Success Article

"Email Marketing How To"

Of all the ways to get website traffic and make money
online, nothing tops email marketing. Of course, email
marketing in itself means many things to many marketers.
After all, it can take on quite a wide variety of formats.

Today I'll cover the various forms of email marketing
available to online businesses and reveal what works and
what doesn't. Here's what we'll discuss...

1. Unsolicited bulk email marketing
2. Opt-in email list rental
3. Email newsletter classified and sponsorship advertising
4. Email newsletter solo mailings (text and html)
5. Email newsletter network advertising
6. Opt-in "series" email marketing

1. Unsolicited bulk email marketing

Let's jump right into that dangerous endeavor referred to as
UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). Most of you know my take
on this. Sure, you can get some website traffic using bulk
email. (Though a response rate close to the 10% rate some
companies promise is not likely - .01% is more likely.) You
can tackle the rigors of unsolicited bulk email marketing
yourself (you'll need lots of ISP connections because
they'll be canceled quickly!) or hire a company to do the
dirty work for you. But the fact is, since unsolicited bulk
email angers a huge percentage of recipients, your risks can
be rather high. Your domain will end up being blocked by
many ISPs and you could even face some legal battles. In my
humble opinion, unsolicited bulk email is not worth the
trouble. Read on and you'll find that bulk email marketing
isn't really necessary either.

2. Opt-in email list rental

A much "cleaner" version of bulk email marketing is "opt-in
email list rental." There are plenty of companies on the web
that will rent you email addresses that have opted in to
receive commercial email. Actually, in most cases they are
not really renting the addresses; that is, you never see the
addresses. Instead, they charge you a per email address fee
for mailing your message to a list under their management.
But does it work...?

As long the recipients are not being paid to read the
messages and they are genuinely interested in the offers
they signed up to receive, this strategy can be profitable.
The problem is that in most cases you'll pay from ten to
twenty cents per address and mailing to a list large enough
to get great results can get quite expensive. But if your
budget can handle it, you can generate some great targeted
traffic. I've tried a few list rentals myself, though not
recently. The best was from the site postmasterdirect.com
which has millions of addresses in a huge variety of
categories under management. A few others offering this type
of service include bulletmail.com and htmail.com.

3. Email newsletter classified and sponsorship advertising

Now let's jump to a more reasonably priced email marketing
solution... "email newsletter classified and sponsorship
advertising". In my opinion this one still gives the best
bang for the buck, especially for small businesses with
modest advertising budgets.

Some people think I recommend ezine advertising because I
have an ezine and I'm trying to sell my own ad space. On the
contrary, I've been trying NOT to sell my ad space for the
last few years. That's why my own rates are fairly high! I
can run my own offers or affiliate offers and make much more
than I can selling the ad space. Many other ezine editors
are finding the same thing. While this has resulted in
rising ezine ad costs over the last few years, one fact
remains... ezine advertising is still one of the most
effective ways to get targeted traffic -- cheap.

Ezine advertising works best when you locate ezines that
your target market actually look forward to reading. And
that's not difficult to do... Just visit an ezine directory
and search for ezines in your niche market. Subscribe to a
bunch of free ezines and read them as they arrive. Look for
larger circulation ezines that have a good following. If you
like the content in any particular ezine, then hundreds or
thousands of other readers probably do too. Place a
classified ad and if your site and offer are up to snuff,
you'll make a profit nearly every time. If you can swing a
top sponsorship ad, that works about five times better than
a regular classified ad! Here are three great ezine
directories you can scour and locate lots of ezines that
target your particular niche...

Direct Email List Source http://market.emailresults.com/

Ezine Hub http://www.ezinehub.com/

WebScout http://webscoutlists.com/

(Part 2 next week)

* Tips by Jim Daniels www.bizweb2000.com - Read Jim's free
web-based guide at http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048
 - it reveals how
he makes six figures a year online in his part time, and how you
can do the same...

*****
Sponsor 2

Are you spending hours submitting your site to safelists, ffas
and search engines? What if I told you didn''t have to do it any
more? This incredible site will AUTOMATE all of your submissions
- you don''t come back until you want to change your ads! Think
it''s too good to be true? You won''t after you click below!
 http://ez-aims.shorturl.com

******
2. Another Sucess Article for You

How To Create Your Simple Affiliate Program For Free
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/affiliate.htm

3. Marketing Product Profile

Site Sell Products

Starting a major new business on the Net? Want to improve upon
results from an existing Web presence? Or merely looking to
build a solid second income stream?
Site Sell Products are relevant, clearly written, complete, easy
to follow, effective and last but not least affordable.

Make Your  Words Sell

MYWS! is all you?ll ever need to write
order-generating,lead-getting, sales-clinching
words.
Words sell, not graphics or whirling gizmos. Your words have to
grab your reader?s
attention and rivet their surfing eyeballs to your screen... all
the way from your
opening headline to your order form. It has to be a seamless
process that skillfully
continues to offer the reader benefits and relevant information.

MYWS! is a one-of-a-kind product, built from the ground up for
the Net. It covers
proven copywriting methods and techniques for a Web site, an
online store, and
e-mail communication.

MYWS! shows you how to make all your online words persuade that
visitor to
become a customer and get the sale -- an invaluable lifetime
business skill.
Become a great e-persuader... a Netwriter. Discover the power of
your word
Skip the 2-year trial-and-error learning curve. Save thousands
of dollars by not
having to hire a pro copywriter. You can write words that sell
and MYWS! shows
you how.

Go To http://www.sitesell.com/rwspub.html
*****
4.This Weeks E-Commerce Resources

Tired of losing money on the Internet? Learn the REAL
truth about what it takes to make money Online. No hype, no
bull.http://www.welcometowealthworld.com/
mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=subscribe

Here is a  Proven System For Creating
 Instant Internet Profits From a Simple 2 Page Web Site
Even If You Hate Computers
http://www.instantinternetprofits.com/cgi-bin/at.cgi?a=11520

7 Days to Netting Big Money

The Most Dangerous report ever released. Now you can have
the insiders information that Jerome Chapman, Mark Joyner
and other masters use to make money online. And It's FREE.

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/makemoney.htm
*****
5.  Subscribers 2 Line Ads
(Support our readers.  Send your 2 line ad
to editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx subject=2 line ads)

Join us for Vibrant Health and Radical Wealth.
http://www.workathomepage.com/cc

FREE Newsletter shows you how to become a $100,000 earner. Go to
http://www.ezinfocenter.com/565145.67/FREE

Earn $1,000-$2,500 every month with Reprint Right
Ebookshttp://www.ebookresaleright.com?success

Come Discover exactly how you can Make Your Living Online.
http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048

Visit The Web Host That Pays You Back!
 http://www.Host4Profit.com/cgi-bin/home.cgi?2396

Looking For A Home Business