Home Based Online Marketing News A Must Web Guide

  • From: Roger Schoenwald <rwspub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hbomn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:14:01 -0700 (PDT)

    HOME BASED ONLINE MARKETING NEWS
"Information You Need to Help Your Business Grow"

A e-zine publication of
RWS Publishing
June 2, 2001
From the Publisher:

Hello Readers! Here is your next issue packed
with new information to help you to build your
online business!

We will not have a newsletter next week.
But, visit our site and go to our internet
and affiliate marketing centers for new
articles  and information.

Happy marketing.

http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/

Roger Schoenwald

If you have any comments or suggestions
send them to rwspub@xxxxxxxxx
Be sure to share this issue with your colleagues,
associates and friends
********************
In Today's Issue
1.  Featured Ad
2.  Internet Marketing Center
3.  Affiliate Marketing Center
4.  Success Article Internet Marketing
5.  Affiliate Marketing Corner
****************************

Featured AD

Make A Living Online

This new site is a must.  Jim Daniels has been making
a living online since 1986 and has become a well known
expert on earning a living at home with a home based
or small business.
Now he has a site to show you how to do it
step by step. This site is a must and I highly
recommend it.

Roger Schoenwald

Go now to:

http://www.make-a-living-online.com/?d08048
*****
At RWSPublishing

Internet Marketing Center
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/imc.htm

*New Marketing Tip*
Three Ways to Boost Sales Now

Affiliate Marketing Center
http://onlinesuccessstrategies.com/affiliate.htm

*New Article*
Five Mistakes Affiliates Make and How To Fix Them Part
2
Success Article

FFA Sites - Are You Spamming?
by Joe Reinbold

One of our subscribers sent me a question the other
day
asking whether using FFA sites would be considered
spamming.
I thought this would be a good topic.

First of all FFA stands for "Free For All" links.
These
are sites on the Net, and there are thousands of them,
where you can post the URL (web address) and title of
the
page you might be promoting. These are automatic sites
that accept your posting and send you an automatic
email
thank you. Your link moves down the link page as new
ones
are added. And ultimately it will be automatically
removed.
Some of these pages have a limit of 50 links per
category,
for example, and your link may only be on the page for
only minutes depending on the activity of the page.

If you are posting to FFA sites, there is no spamming
involved as you are posting to a site that is there
for
that purpose, to post. By posting at the site you are
agreeing to receive email from the site owner. There
are
usually terms listed at these sites so make sure you
read
them.

If you have submission software or use free or fee
based
services to submit your posting it will most likely go
out
to thousands of sites. As a result you will probably
receive
100's of automatic emails thanking you for your post
and
each will include advertisements from the site owner.
That
is why you might want to use an email address other
than
your primary one (your personal or business address).
Most
people use one of the free email address services for
this
purpose. You just have to make sure that you empty out
the
mail box often so it doesn't get completely filled and
emails start bouncing or the service cuts you off
because
you are getting too many. I have received emails from
postings I had done months ago.

The other situation is where you have your own FFA
site and
allow others to post their link. Most people that have
an
FFA site have it so that they can set up the
autoresponder
that sends the thank you out and they include all of
their
programs or ads in it. I do not consider this spam
since the
people that are posting are for the most part fully
aware
that they will be getting these automatic responses
from
their postings. Some people post to thousands of these
sites
at a time using submission software.

If you have or are thinking about having your own FFA
site
I always suggest that when you prepare the thank you
autoresponder message, start it out with a statement
like -
thank you for posting at our FFA site at "whatever
name"
http://www.whatevername.com please feel free to stop
back
again. This reminds the person of where the email came
from.

At one time I hosted my own FFA site but it became too
much
of a problem with bounced mails. I found that a lot of
people that use submission software used false or old
expired
email addresses when posting. It was sometimes as high
as 40%
so all these bouncing mails were coming back to my
domain and
I had to set up filters to handle them. After a while
it got
to be too much of a hassle so I took it down.

The bottom line is that I don't believe either use is
spamming. Are the use of FFA Sites effective? Some
people say
they are some say not. Personally I would rather
advertise in
ezines where I get good responses and the cost is
relatively
inexpensive. You can obtain FFA sites to use at your
own site
without actually hosting it and having the headaches.
There
are free services that make them available and all you
do
is put a link on your site. If you would like to place
a link
on some FFA sites or classified ad sites, visit:
http://www.homebizlink.com/freeclas.htm

So remember when you get a bunch of emails, before you
yell
at someone for spamming you, if you just posted some
links at
a FFA site, you may have resulted from your own
actions.
******
Affilliate Marketing Corner
Featured Site
From eBooks to affiliate programs the book "The
Secrets Of An Internet Marketing Warrior" will
show you how to start making money on the
Internet immediately.

You'll learn how to make $1000's in other peoples
affiliate programs by creating simple advertising
tools that expand on their own and promote the
program for you all over the Internet.

That's how you make money - create advertising
that keeps on working even when you stop. There
are ways of doing it starting with no money at all.

http://thewarriorgroup.com/cgi-bin/warriors.cgi?2396
******
Classifieds
SuccessNet
Download a free eBooklet, KEYS TO PERSONAL
EFFECTIVENESS
from http://www.SuccessNet.org/keys.htm. Free
subscriptions,
memberships, books and SuccessMark Cards are available
at
http://www.SuccessNet.org/at.cgi/152506
*****
Winning the Affiliate Game

Declan Dunn wrote the first thorough book on affiliate
programs
- aimed mainly at merchants. Now Declan, one of the
leading consultants
on affiliate programs on the Internet, has gone a huge
step further,
with his new book, Winning the Affiliate Game.
The Ten Step Master Plan for Maximizing Your Profits

http://activemarketplace.com/w.cgi?winning-12909
*****
ONLINE MARKETING TIPS FOR BEGINNERS: HOW TO BUILD A
PROFITABLE ONLINE BUSINESS IN 90 DAYS...WITHOUT
ADVANCED MARKETING STRATEGIES THAT OFTEN CONFUSE
PEOPLE...USING JUST BASIC PRINCIPLES! FREE REPORT
TELLS ALL:

http://www.beginnersguidetoecommerce.com/cgi/at.cgi?a=139097
*****
Explode your business with the same trade secrets
seminar attendees
paid as much as $2,252 to discover. And for a limited
time, there's no
risk or obligation. This insider footage, and a bonus
interview with
strategist Bob Serling, are yours risk-free for the
next 12 months.

http://www.marketingtips.com/londonvideos/t.x/5260
*****
Got a new site? How are you going to promote it?
At FreeBonanza
http://www.freebonanza.com/partner.asp?ref=8483

(C) Copyright 2001 RWS Publishing
Roger Schoenwald