[HUG ] Re: On the subject of equipement cost

  • From: steve.graff@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:22:03 -0500 (CDT)

Then again, if one trades photographs or the exclusive advertizing use of photographs for goods and services, one would not have to pay any taxes!

Steve

Oct 15, 2008 08:14:39 PM, hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

I wouldn't call it tax paradise but Revenue Canada calls them part time
businesses (not hobbies) and any expenses that are incured business
activities are tax deductible. Losses are tax deductible from other income.
In Canada a person must declare income (and losses) from all sources on
his/her personal tax form.

Franc