[HUG ] Film availability in DFW

  • From: "J. Benedict" <raoul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hasselblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 08:05:55 -0700

Group:

I had quite a shock a couple of weeks ago. I went to Dallas/Ft. Worth to visit a friend and, fossil that I am, took my 500C along for the ride. I didn't buy any film, figuring that Dallas was a big place so I could just get some when I got there. I found Dallas Camera online and made a note of their location.

When I arrived, one of the first things to do was to go to Dallas Camera and pick up a supply of film. I went to the counter and asked, "I'd like a propack of whatever Kodak is calling EPN these days", The guys behind the counter were friendly but answered that all transparency film is now special order. They don't stock any! I believe Dallas Camera is one of the pro houses in town.

The guys behind the counter said that one of the reasons is that the kids getting out of school have no idea what to do with the stuff- they can't expose it and have no idea what to do with it once it is exposed. So, DSa;;as Camera doesn't sell any of it...

That's a sample size of one but that really surprised me. Not being a pro, that really surprised me.

Jeff